NUTRITION SUPPORT SERVICES Take our Nutrition Survey!
The InfuScience Nutrition Support Team is dedicated to exceeding the customer’s needs in delivering optimal patient care, education and support, ultimately providing the most satisfying quality of life possible for each patient in our care.
Conditions Requiring Home Nutrition Support:
• Short Bowel Syndome
• Bowel Obstruction
• GI surgeries
• Head, Neck and Other Cancers
• Dysphagia Related to Stroke or Other Neurologic Disorders
• Crohn’s Disease
• Failure to Thrive
• Enteric Fistula
• Cystic Fibrosis, Cerebral Palsy and other conditions affecting
swallowing or absorption
Innovations in Care:
• Individualized screening and assessment for all enteral and
parenteral nutrition support patients provided by dedicated
nutrition support clinicians.
• Patient care managed and guided by response to therapy
and advancement towards treatment goals.
• Pharmacists, nurses and clinical dietitians work together ensuring all
care is provided in an interdisciplinary and collaborative manner.
• Communication protocols promote improved care and best
• Active Patient Monitoring process promotes and establishes diseasespecific
nutrition support outcomes and comparative analysis.
• InfuScience offers open access to online survey tools for all referral
sources, care partners and consumers. By actively and continually
soliciting customer feedback, we create a mechanism for true
continuous quality improvement in the care process.
• Essentia Tailored Parenteral Nutrition support is available for the
most clinically sensitive patients.
Comprehensive Care Coordination for Patients Receiving Home
Nutrition Support Therapy:
• Obtain nutrition support orders and coordinate transition to an
appropriate home therapy regimen.
• Contact patient and caregiver to complete assessment, teaching
• Arrange and coordinate skilled nursing visits and laboratory
draws as ordered.
• Arrange for delivery of supplies and equipment.
• Provide appropriate and consistent ongoing monitoring and care,
including regular communication with other care providers.
• Verify insurance coverage, including required qualification and
documentation for Medicare home nutrition support patients.